It’s time to take control.
Financial experts recommend a nest egg of 6 times your annual salary by the time you’re 50. Less than half of people in this age group don’t even have $100k saved.
Just like you, I don’t want to live out my golden years living paycheck to paycheck. Who wants to work the next 15-20 years just to barely get by in retirement?
If you’re feeling more anxious than excited about retirement, it’s time to take control of your financial future. It’s never too late to start, but the best time is now.
Here on FO5O, my purpose is threefold:
- Encourage you to stay committed to building your best retirement
- Support you in learning, earning, and saving toward financial freedom
- Inspire you to believe that you have everything you need to create the financial future and family legacy you want
To help you get on track, I share free tips, tools, and resources about personal finance practices to help you get past the worrying and start winning with your financial goals.
Every resource you’ll find on FO5O was created with you in mind – to help you achieve better money management, increased savings, and a healthy money mindset.
Manage Your Money
If you’ve started wrong but want to finish right, learning some new skills can help you get on the right path. These include following a budget, paying off debt, and finding the right tools to achieve your goals.
Visit the Manage Money section or start with the posts below.
Build Your Wealth
As a late saver, it’s important to make your retirement fund a priority pronto! Learn tips and strategies to grow your nest egg by saving more money, making extra money, and investing your money.
Check out the Build Wealth section or start with the posts below.
- How To Save $1000 A Month (Without Working More)
- 50+ Easy Ways To Make Extra Money
- How To Build A 6-Month Emergency Fund
- 11 Effortless Ways To Save Money
- The 401(k) and the IRA: Which Is Better?
- How To Calculate Your Net Worth
- 50 Steps To Wealth Creation and Retiring A Millionaire
- How To Save Money When You’re Broke
Plan Your Retirement
What do you want your retirement to look like? Will you have enough money to retire on time and have the lifestyle you dream of?
Find helpful resources in the Plan Retirement section and learn what you need to do to achieve your retirement goals.
- 14 Questions To Answer Before You Retire
- The Essential Roadmap For Retirement (If You’re A Late Saver)
- Ultimate Estate Planning Checklist & Guide
- Retirement Planning For Late Starters
- Calculate Your Retirement Readiness Score
- What Happens If You Don’t Have A Living Trust
- 12 Effective Tips For Financial Planning In Your 50s
- 20 Genius Reasons To Postpone Retirement
Master Your Mindset
Our actions start with our thoughts, and if you’ve been stuck in poor financial habits for too long then it’s time to rework your mindset. Get help with overcoming limiting beliefs, creating better habits, achieving big goals, and improving your thoughts around money.
Learn effective strategies in the Master Mindset section or start with the posts below.
- How To Change Your Mindset and Achieve Your Goals
- 15 Financial Goals Everyone Should Have
- 50 Good Money Habits To Help You Save More
- How (& Why) To Create A Written Life Plan
- 5 Ways Limiting Beliefs Can Harm You
- Building A Friendship With Your Future Self
- How To Master Good Habits
- 6 Steps To Create A Financial Stress Management Plan
What other ways can I help you?
Do you have specific needs that you can’t find help for? I’d love to know what you’re struggling with so I can continue to add relevant and helpful resources here on the FO5O blog. Send me a message and let me know what you’d like to see included on the website!